Sean avoided a death sentence at birth, multitudes of surgeries and physical setbacks to live an amazing life as a therapist, author and speaker — impacting people around the world.
In one particular story, Sean tells us how his mother asked him if he was going to use his situation as a gift or a burden. Heavy stuff for a fourth grade kid.
Sean is here to remind us how to lose the excuses and victim-mentality that keep us playing small. The only thing holding you back is yourself. Listen on if you want to grow.
In this episode:
- Interpreting the challenges in life
- Reality Show on A&E “Three Foot Giant”
- Your “victim story” is the biggest thing holding you back
- Fairness is an illusion
- Your responsibility to live is a vicTOR vs a vicTIM
- Your mentality creates your reality
- Living your dreams makes some people nervous
- Is this going to be a gift or a burden in your life?
- Nobody has it easy
- Maintain and upgrade your beliefs
- How your community keeps you where you are
- Surround yourself with solid people
- The “Sean-tourage”You are like your friends
- Character traits of those around you
- How do we choose our friends?
- If something is meant to be, you can take it slow
- Tolerating crappy relationships
- Book — “Get Off Your But”
- Go for long term pleasure which is fulfilling
- Finding your purpose is sexy
- What do I need to do today to be living my purpose?
- Where are you most happy & fulfilled?
- We are more scared of success than failure
- Being challenged about how much you want it
- Rule with a velvet hammer
- How challenging yourself physically strengthens you mentally
- What was the worst day of your life?
- Learn from others’ experiences
- The boundary of your problem
- Face your fear
- When you do things that are courageous you gain confidence
About Sean Stephenson, Board Certified Therapist, Author, Speaker
Expected to die at birth, Sean Stephenson has faced an army of reasons to give up and countless opportunities to embrace pity. He suffered more than 200 bone fractures by age 18, reached a height of only 3 feet, and is permanently confined to a wheelchair. However, this man took a STAND for a quality of life that has inspired millions of people around the world, including Tony Robbins and President Clinton.
- Has worked on Capitol Hill as Legislative Affairs Support Staff for Congressman William O. Lipinski AND in the White House as a Presidential Liaison for the Office of Cabinet Affairs.
- Started his own professional speaking company to travel the country and motivated individuals in schools, companies, hospitals, prisons, and federal agencies.
- Shared the speaking platform with Tony Robbins, Henry Winkler, and Mark Victor Hansen.
- Filmed a fitness video called, No Excuses! with Miss Fitness Universe and her husband, a former Mr. Olympia competitor.
- Testified in front of the United States Senate on two occasions.
- Was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors for National Association for Self-Esteem.
- Graduated from DePaul University with High Honors, right across the street from the very hospital where he was expected to die birth.
- Has appeared in dozens of media outlets including: Oprah, CNN, The Discovery Health Channel, WGN, and CBS News, and in The New York Times.
- Received Board Certification in Clinical Psychotherapy from the Association of Integrative Psychology, is a Certified Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic
- Programming, and currently receiving his Doctorate from American Pacific University. Sean operates a private practice out of the Oakbrook Terrace Tower in Chicago, IL.
Over the past decade, Sean has found that individuals are notorious for making excuses, “I would work harder, ‘BUT’ it won’t make a difference” Sean not only addresses the excuses but the “BUTS” that fuel the insecurities behind them. “I would love myself, BUT I am not pretty enough, wealthy enough, or popular enough, etc.” Sean has created a movement committed to educating students how to get off their ‘BUTS’ and STAND in life.
In Sean’s powerful presentation, “Time to Stand!” he outlines where “BUTS” come from, why they control us, and how to get off of them. Audiences are taken on a journey through human potential; using emotional stories from his life, Sean proves that we can all triumph with the power of STANDING.
Dial in Your Daily Routine.
Developed by professional coach Tripp Lanier, The Daily Toolkit teaches you the small steps that create big changes.