Do you have a job, a career OR a calling?
And what are the simple steps you can follow to ensure that you have a life full of satisfaction and fulfillment?
Sound like a cream-dream? Well, philosopher and entreprenuerial badass, Brian Johnson is back on The New Man to talk about what the emerging field of Positive Psychology can do for you.
In this episode:
- What is Positive Psychology?
- Why does it matter to you?
- Martin Seligman, “Authentic Happiness”
- Abraham Maslow
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, “Flow”
- What is the science of happiness, true well-being and flourishing?
- What are your unique strengths?
- Find your signature strengths at https://www.authentichappiness.com
- How do you find out what you love?
- Do you have a job, a career or a calling?
- Marci Shimoff, “Happy for No Reason”
- Maslow, “What one CAN be, one MUST be.”
- How do you create flow in your life?
About Brian Johnson, Philosopher, Entrepreneur, Creator of Philosopher Notes
From Brian’s Facebook Profile:
I’ve always been passionate about understanding what makes great people great and applying the truths they embodied to make my little dent in the universe.
After selling my last business (Zaadz) and traveling for a bit, I decided to give myself a Ph.D. in Optimal Living with a Specialization in Greatness and Bliss.
Figured I’d get a Master’s when I’d distilled 100 of my favorite books into concise, fun, inspiring summaries. Then, on a flight from Tokyo to LA, I had one of those “Aha!/hallelujah!!” moments when I opened the SkyMall to an ad for a company that summarized business books for “busy executives.” I decided someone should do summaries of self-development books for the “busy self-actualizer” and that that someone should be me. ☺
Enter: PhilosophersNotes. (Imagine CliffsNotes. Only shorter. And cooler. And a *lot* more inspiring. ☺)
I’m currently on sabbatical in Bali working my way through two suitcases of books while I re-wire my consciousness, create the first 100 PhilosophersNotes and teach a Philosophy class at the local yoga studio.
Pinch me. I hart my job.
Dial in Your Daily Routine.
Developed by professional coach Tripp Lanier, The Daily Toolkit teaches you the small steps that create big changes.