When you get scared, do you freeze or focus?
And when was the last time you felt lit up by that fire inside?
Big wave badass and family man Laird Hamilton is here to discuss fear, fatherhood, and why fun may be more important than diet and exercise.
In this interview:
- How fear helps us survive and live with passion
- How avoiding failure closes the door on everything you want
- What does playing it safe look like for Laird?
- How to cultivate your inner fire
- The danger of having something to prove
- Using your family as an excuse to play it safe
- Waiting for permission to do what feeds you
- What to learn from loss and injury
- The most important thing for your health
- The best investment you can make
Be sure to check out Gabby and Laird’s site here.
About Laird Hamilton
Laird Hamilton is an American big-wave surfer, co-inventor of tow-in surfing, and an occasional fashion and action-sports model. He is married to Gabrielle Reece, a professional volleyball player, television personality, and model. Hamilton and his family split their time between residences in Kauai, Hawaii, and Malibu, California.
Get Stuff Done.
Developed by professional coach Tripp Lanier, The Daily Toolkit teaches you the small steps that create big changes.