Do you think other people are successful because they’ve figured out a way to avoid problems?
And what can you do the next time life serves you up an unexpected challenge?
Ryan Holiday is here to discuss how you can turn adversity into advantage and why the obstacle is the way.
In this interview:
- How getting clear about what you can and cannot control gives you power
- Why chasing perfection is paralyzing you
- Why anyone can learn to face problems and move through obstacles
- Why it’s time to stop avoiding the things that scare you
- How the stories you tell yourself determine what’s going to happen
- Why true power and bravery may not appear the way you think it should
Ryan Holiday is a media strategist for notorious clients like Tucker Max and Dov Charney. After dropping out of college at 19 to apprentice under the strategist Robert Greene, he went on to advise many bestselling authors and multi-platinum musicians. He is the Director of Marketing at American Apparel, where his work in advertising is internationally known. His strategies are used as case studies by Twitter, YouTube and Google and have been written about in AdAge, the New York Times, Gawker and Fast Company.
His first book, Trust Me I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator, was a Wall Street Journal bestseller. He currently lives in New Orleans with his rebellious puppy, Hanno.
Get Stuff Done.
Developed by professional coach Tripp Lanier, The Daily Toolkit teaches you the small steps that create big changes.