Midlife Crisis – How to Thrive as We Get Older
And what can you do when you realize that society’s dreams of success are based on bullshit?
Today author and coach Mark Silverman and I discuss the process of finding more power and ease as we get older, understanding what keeps us stuck, and why too many men have it all but still feel unfulfilled.
In this interview:
- Mastering Midlife
- “Your dreams are bullsh*t”
- Why life isn’t a ZZ Top video
- Tripp’s Pre-F*ck-It and Post-F*ck-It strategy for growth
- Finding relaxation from letting go of our expectations
- How to thrive as we get older
- Why most people anesthetize, cover it up, or blow it up
- Learning how to deal with fear, resistance, and the unknown
- Why bother going through the suck of learning?
- Why hustling is often a sign of an unhealthy mindset
- Dr Joe Dispenza, Steve Hardison, the Law of Attraction, and New Age Bullsh*t
- Trying to escape the pain, uncertainty, and effort of life
- The danger of having it all but still feeling unfulfilled
- “Do I really want to live?”
- Do we need to hit “rock bottom” in order to change?
About Mark Silverman
As a sales leader, Mark generated over $90 million in revenue at some of the world’s fastest growing companies like NetApp, VMWare, EMC and Service Now. Having succeeded at the highest levels in business, he realized, through his own experience and that of his contemporaries, that motivations that drive success for many people in their 20s and 30s, are often unsustainable into their 40s and 50s. Perspective, increased responsibilities, and pressures call for new skills and mindsets (resilience) in order to perform and thrive at peak levels. Mark is the author of the bestselling book, Only 10s, Using Distraction to Get the Right Things Done, which explores the exponential results available when you cultivate a mindset of internal leadership and the upcoming, Mastering Midlife, How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of You.