Motivation, Pressure, and Getting Off the Hamster Wheel
Do you depend on fear and self criticism to get motivated?
Does it seem like no matter how much progress you make you still feel anxious, tired, or under pressure?
And is success really just your strategy to outrun the things that scare you or make you uncomfortable?
Today I’m talking with Craig Revord who is a coaching client that I’ve been working with for the past two years. In this conversation we talk about how he’s learning to find power, face major fears, and get off the hamster wheel all while growing his business.
In this interview:
- Success and comfort are great until they’re not
- Having success but never feeling like it is enough
- Always feeling like we need to fix something about ourselves
- Striving to make sure everyone is okay before we are okay
- Running away from fears instead of learning how to confront them
- “Successful” people whose lives are really shit-shows
- Learning to play your own game
- Looking to fear and pressure for motivation
- Can we be allies to ourselves and still be “successful”?
- The importance of consistent, bold action over time instead of looking for “inspiration” or peak experiences
About Craig Revord
Craig Revord is a Transformational Performance Coach based in Louisville, Colorado. For over 15 years, he has helped thousands of men and women create dramatic positive change in their lives. As a create-oholic, he gets what it takes to make something out of nothing, and strives to help his clients do the same in a way that promotes energy, ease, and balance in work/life. Before turning to Coaching, Craig found his way through college on funding of his own, created several thriving businesses, and finally ran a private practice as a psychotherapist. Today, he loves working with entrepreneurs and persons in flux to help generate creativity, resilient leadership, and personal power. He lives with his two sons and wife in Lafayette, Colorado.
Leave the Rat Race to the Rats
Learn the 7 Skills to Clarify and Do What You Really Want to Do. No More Waiting. No More Hiding Out.