Using Play to Deal with Stress and Anxiety
What if life and work could be less draining?
And what if you didn’t depend on fear or scarcity for motivation?
Coach, speaker, and author Jason Goldberg is here to discuss the dangers of taking ourselves too seriously. We dive into what life could look like if we weren’t afraid of negative emotions, the real power that comes from putting fear into perspective, and why true peace of mind comes from remembering that we can take a punch.
In this interview:
- The importance of play and humor
- How being serious kills our creativity
- Goofiness vs enthusiasm
- Dealing with anxiety, stress, and depression
- “Am I always going to feel this way?”
- Remembering that we’ll eventually be okay
- “A clear calm mind knows exactly what to do next” — Byron Katie
- The myth of “burning the boats”
- What if you weren’t afraid of your feelings?
- How do you impact others in a positive way?
Referenced in this interview:
- The problem with Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Brian Johnson’s Philosopher’s Notes – Click here for Brian’s note on Tripp’s This Book Will Make You Dangerous
- Dr. Peter Gray’s work on play
- Alan Watts “The opposite of serious is sincere.”
- Being attracted to Byron Katie
About Jason Goldberg
Jason “JG” Goldberg is an international “Edutainer”, author of the #1 International Best-Seller Prison Break and creator of the Playful Prosperity AND Competition-Proof Business Immersion programs.
He has been a featured expert on media outlets including ABC, CBS, and FOX as well as teaching on the Mindvalley and SoulPancake platforms and creating a business in partnership with NASA and the space shuttle program while earning his MBA.
Now JG focuses on blending his signature mix of simple and transformational wisdom, practical business mentorship, and belly-busting humor to help coaches, speakers and online educators build “Competition-PROOF” businesses full of impact and influence (and have a ton of FUN in the process)!
As a sought-after international speaker and host, JG has shared the stage with some of the world’s greatest thought-leaders and innovators in human potential and performance including Jason Silva (Host of Nat Geo’s Brain Games), Dr. Sean Stephenson (The 3 Foot Giant), Don Miguel Ruiz (The Four Agreements), Vishen Lakhiani (CEO of Mindvalley), Steven Kotler (Stealing Fire), Marisa Peer (the UK’s psychotherapist to the stars) and so many others that he hopes will impress you if these other ones don’t!