Having the Guts to Face Your Fears — Coaching Call with Tripp Lanier
Are you feeling stuck about how to level up your life?
Does it feel like no matter what you achieve something’s missing?
And is it possible that your well-meaning goals are really driven by your darkness?
In today’s coaching call I talk with a highly ambitious achiever who’s focused on leveling up his life. The problem is, he doesn’t understand why his success isn’t as satisfying as he expected it to be. Instead of helping him pursue a life on “easy street”, we visit the place he’s been fighting like hell to avoid.
In this interview:
- “How do I get to that next level?”
- Would it be okay to feel this way 5 years from now?
- What is the curse of the high achiever?
- Is peace of mind a goal you can “crush”?
- Why achievers are often exhausted
- What does it mean to ‘let the tiger eat you’?
- Feeling like you’re always on the run
- Using ideas, books, and podcasts to avoid your feelings
- Understanding our real power
- When “fixing” the problem is really just running away from it
Interviews referenced in this call:
Note: What you’re about to hear is an actual coaching call. The person being coached volunteered and gave explicit permission to have our conversation recorded for this podcast.
About Tripp Lanier
Tripp Lanier is a professional coach, author of This Book Will Make You Dangerous, and host of The New Man Podcast: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp which — for over a decade — has been downloaded millions of times.
Since 2005, he has spent thousands of hours coaching people all around the world to get out of the rat race, become an authority in their field, and make a great living doing the work they were put on this earth to do. Over the years he’s designed several businesses to support a simple lifestyle focused on freedom, ease, meaning, and fun.