The Need to Be Legit — Coaching Call with Tripp Lanier
Are you stressed out about which direction you should go in life?
Have you spread yourself too thin?
And what if there’s another way to tackle your challenges instead of always working harder?
On this call, I reconnect with a former client who’s now a successful therapist. She’s got so many options but not enough time. She’s spreading herself too thin and burning out as a result. Luckily, we’re able to identify the mindset that’s draining her energy and provide a new approach to work that doesn’t devour her life or peace of mind.
In this interview:
- If things get hard, do you go harder?
- Are you hoping to fit life in around your work?
- How can a vision for life become a trap?
- How do you find your compass heading?
- The need to feel legit
- Needing to prove your worth
- Feeling like you have to constantly up your game
- What’s the point of life if there’s nothing to prove?
- Using chaos as an excuse to avoid life
- What drives chronic disappointment?
Note: What you’re about to hear is an actual coaching call. The person being coached volunteered and gave explicit permission to have our conversation recorded for this podcast.
About Tripp Lanier
Tripp Lanier is a professional coach, author of This Book Will Make You Dangerous, and host of The New Man Podcast: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp which — for over a decade — has been downloaded millions of times.
Since 2005, he has spent thousands of hours coaching people all around the world to get out of the rat race, become an authority in their field, and make a great living doing the work they were put on this earth to do. Over the years he’s designed several businesses to support a simple lifestyle focused on freedom, ease, meaning, and fun.