When the world says “no” do you give up or keep going?
And are you hoping that one day you’ll no longer have to take risks or do things that scare you?
Author Keith Martin Smith is here to talk about his 300 rejection letters, avoiding risk and why no means “not yet.” Keith Martin Smith wrote the Junpo Denis Kelly biography A Heart Blown Open.
In this interview:
- When “No” means “Not Yet”
- How to come back after rejection
- How to make the big, scary commitment
- How to tell if it’s the “right” path
- Going for what you want vs living with regret
- Dealing with the fear of taking the biggest risk
- Defining yourself by what you do vs who you are
- Giving up your voice and dreams
- Why the challenge and risk never ends
- How a men’s group and family support helped
- Behind the scenes writing A Heart Blown Open with Zen Master Junpo Denis Roshi